Positively Plausible

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

alarm clocks and coffee.....

The morning is early, but not as early as it will be. The room is cold and the beeping is getting louder. The fade to wake function is genius, allowing me to be woken softly, with vigor bringing me to anger. Enough rage to get me out of my bed stomping. Stomp stomp stomp right over to the kettle, the switch is flipped. One, two, three I turn and lay back in bed. One alarm down, two to go, three in total. Another handy feature that my alarm clock has. Three alarms, three different sounds, three times. It's eleven minutes later and the 'rock' tune is on the chorus. "Click" the kettle goes, from the kitchen, timed perfectly through practice.

The french press is lined up with the grounds, sugar and cream which I grabbed from the fridge during the switch flip. I'm not angry, I'm singing along with the 'rock' tune. Grounds in the press, water on the grounds, stir and walk. I'm in bed again. I'm laying and waiting, the third of three to come. I'm not tired, I'm not angry, the smell fills the air. Deep roasted scent, filled with a light nut flavour. The air easier to breathe and rich with life. Before the third alarm plays, I've turned it off, rarely do I hear 'wave'. Thank you sweet smell and refined routine. Providing me with reward, in'scent'ive and pleasant thoughts.

Shower on, grounds stirred, press down, body washed, clothes on, coffee.....

mmmmm....

it's 7:42am and I'm out the door.

2 comments:

  1. What is this alarm clock and where can I find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my cell phone alarm clock. Oldie but goodie

    ReplyDelete